8:00 – 8:45am AGES 7, 8, 9
9:00 – 9:45am AGES 10, 11, 12
10:00 - 10:45am AGES 13 and older
1. Swimmers entering the pool deck can only enter with their goggles, shoes, and a water bottle if they choose to bring one. NO OTHER PERSONAL ITEMS may come into the pool deck. This includes, but is not limited to, towels, cell phones, and swim covers/street clothes. All personal items MUST be left OUTSIDE OF THE POOL FENCE (Swimmers will exit the pool from the pavilion side gate at the end of practice, so swimmers may wish to keep their items outside the pavilion side of the pool).
2. Once inside the pool deck, swimmers will be directed by the coaches to stand at one of the cones that will be placed on the deck according to social distancing regulations; one swimmer per cone. Swimmers should not touch the gates/fences, any tables, or each other.
3. When swimmers are not actively swimming in the water, they must return to their cone to wait for further instructions.
4. When practice has ended, swimmers will exit the pool deck out the gate by the pavilion. No swimmers will be allowed to remain on the pool deck after their practice session is complete. Coaches cannot be responsible for swimmers once practice is complete as they will need to sanitize the equipment for the next group.
5. Parents/guardians/babysitters/siblings will NOT be allowed inside of the pool deck during swim practice. Feel free to bring a chair and sit outside of the pool fence on the pavilion side where you will be able to see everything happening at practice.
6. Due to the nature of the sport; masks will not be required for swimmers or coaches as they will be in and out of the water.
7. Please have your swimmers use the bathroom BEFORE coming to practice. The bathrooms will be locked and unavailable (except for emergencies!) during swim practice.
At this time, swim meets will be “virtual,” meaning that each team will swim at their own pools and scores will be entered into the computer by each team. There will be three “meets,” in which our team’s times will be scored against our opponent’s times, and a “winner” determined according to the highest points scored. Our “meets” will be conducted similarly to “time trials” held near the end of the week of the meet, during regular practice times.
Week of June 29 Queensmill vs. Hallsley
Week of July 6: Queensmill vs. Walton Lake
While CAL will not be recording any records or determining division winners, we will still be keeping track of and recognizing our swimmers’ improved times. We will also still have our Most Improved Awards at the end of the season.
Age classifications (as of June 1, 2020)
6 years old and under
7-8 years old
9-10 years old
11-12 years old
13-14 years old
15-18 years old